There will be a 2-day workshop in Oslo in June 2013 to share findings and to discuss recommendations under the ACAP-project on reduction of black carbon (BC) emissions from residential wood combustion.
The outcome of the workshop is intended to contribute to the project and to the pan-Arctic work of the ACAP Project Steering Group on Short Lived Climate Forcers and Contaminants PSG (SLCFC PSG).
Day 1 of the workshop is project specific and for open invited experts only. The objective of day 1 is to:
- share approaches to BC emissions inventories
- share BC emissions reduction strategies
- discuss possible recommendations to reduce BC emissions
- discuss potential BC emission mitigation demonstration projects
Day 2 is open ended (for all interested participants. Registration required). The objective of day 2 is to:
- look at BC activity data and emission factors, and how to overcome barriers
- explore technologies to reduce black carbon emissions from wood combustion
- learn about efforts to reduce of BC emissions from residential wood combustion
The workshop will be held in Oslo, Norway. The draft program is available here.